The Hut Group Delivers Strong Growth in 2011
The Hut Group, one of Europe’s fastest growing online retailers, today reports on trading for the 12 months ended 31 December 2011.
- Group sales growth of 70% from £84m to £143m in 2011.
- 92% of combined Group sales were generated through the Group’s own sites, with the balance of revenues generated from services delivered to major retail partners.
- International sales now account for 35% of total sales.
- The Group continues successfully to execute its strategy of retailing fast moving consumer goods across its multiple branded websites, powered by its proprietary technology.
- 78m visits to Group websites during the year.
- Acquired MyProtein.com in May 2011, which contributed £16m to Group sales in the seven months post acquisition.
- 134 NVQ apprentices trained in operations across the Group, investing in the young, local workforce whilst creating a recruitment talent pool for the Group.
Matthew Moulding, Chief Executive, commented: “2011 has been another record year for The Hut Group. Our focus on delivering best in class value and service to our UK and international consumers has enabled the Group to gain market share, particularly in the final quarter. Our business model positions us well against the backdrop of a challenging High Street retail environment and the continuing sales channel shift towards online retail and therefore the Group is very well placed to continue its high growth. Our focus for 2012 is on driving strong organic growth by further improving our service to our customers, continuing to expand our product range and increasing our international sales.”
Hudson Sandler – Tel: 0207 796 4133
Andrew Leach / Kate Hough / Alex Brennan
Notes to Editors:
About The Hut Group
Founded in 2004 and based in Northwich Cheshire, The Hut Group is an online retailer focused on fast moving consumer goods including health and beauty; sports nutrition; gifting; clothing; handbags; footwear; and entertainment.
The Hut Group retails online through its own sites including TheHut.com, Zavvi.com, Myprotein.com, Lookfantastic.com, Iwantoneofthose.com, Gifted.com, Allsole.com, MyBag.co.uk, Washbag.com, Lookmantastic.com, Mankind.co.uk, HQHair.com and sportdiscount.com. In addition, it delivers technology services (e.g. loyalty reward schemes) for blue-chip retail partners such as DMGT (The Daily Mail).
In September 2009, The Hut Group was ranked no.1 in the ‘Sunday Times Tech Track 100 of the UK’s fastest growing companies’ and ranked the 3rd fastest growing digital company in Europe at the ‘GP Bullhound Media Momentum Awards’ in May 2010.
For further information, please visit thehutgroup.com
Please find below a list of websites owned by The Hut Group. For more information please visit their websites.