The Hut Group has been named as the No1 fastest growing technology company in the North of England (Sunday Times Tech Track 100), winner of the Bank of Scotland Entrepreneur of the Year 2008 and one of Crains Manchester Business “Best Places to Work” within the North West.
The Hut Group retails consumer products such as games, films, electronics & a range of gifts through its own websites (TheHut.com, Zavvi.com, MyBag.co.uk and Gifted.com) as well as operating a large number of online shops for retailers including ASDA, Argos, Debenhams, LOVEFiLM, WHSmiths, Woolworths and many more.
Overall Purpose of Role
The successful Senior Web Designer will have at least four year’s commercial experience of online design preferably within an eCommerce environment and have an understanding of usability and accessibility issues.
The Senior Creative Web Designer will report to the Creative Director and will be responsible for completing the design elements of projects according to an agreed brief.
The ideal candidate will need an impressive eCommerce-related portfolio and to be proficient on Mac platform and industry standard design tools.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Creative Web Designer will include:
- Interpreting business requirements to deliver visually appealing designs and high quality design solutions.
- Leading in the definition of style guidelines
- Sub elements of the style guidelines, eg the implementation of the brand personality of each product, associated grid layouts, typography and assets.
- Using industry standard prototyping tools to implement iterations of designs.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and resolving design improvements across all sites
Suitable candidates will demonstrate:
- Significant commercial experience of web design and UI development in eCommerce business/projects
- An in-depth understanding of IA, personas, grid design, implementation of branding/style guidelines.
- Experience of producing requirements specification documentation/prototyping.
- Understanding of browser behaviour
- Be confident, imaginative and able to hold your own, with a superb eye for detail.
- Industry Standard Design Packages
- Adobe Flash, Graphic Design, Prototyping tools (eg Omnigraffle)
Please send all CVs to email@example.com
No Agencies please